Gabrielle d'Estrees, 1594

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Vaginal Steam Baths


Last week, my boyfriend treated me to an awesome Spa Weekend in Vermont.  I love spas – there’s nothing quite like the calm, rejuvenated feeling I get after a day of relaxation.  And while I was sitting in the steam room, I had a thought: What if they had a spa treatment that helped rejuvenate your sex life? Well, now they actually do – kind of...  In California, many spas have added a new treatment called The V Steam: Basically a steam facial for your vagina.  Sure, it’s a little strange, but vagina’s need love too!

For around $40, anyone (those with vaginas) can receive this treatment by squatting (yes ladies squatting) over a cauldron of Mugwort tea and other herbs. The idea is that the herbal steam rises up from the cauldron and begins to rid the body of toxins.  As far as women go, this treatment is also thought to help relieve menstrual cramps, increase relaxation and even help fertility.  And while this process might sound new to you, its actually centuries old in Korea, where V-Steams have even been linked to helping women both psychologically and sexually.  And that shouldn’t be too surprising. We all know a happy vagina means a happy girl.

Currently, this treatment is practiced predominately in spas on the west coast – specifically California. But I know it’s only a matter of time before it hits the east. And when it does, believe me, I will definitely be tracking down a spa in New York to give me a V-steam. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how it goes - and if it’s worth it.   But just think of all the treatments we give the other parts of our bodies - pedicures, manicures, facials, body massages… Isn’t it about time we treated our vaginas to a spa day?  God knows they deserve one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment