Gabrielle d'Estrees, 1594

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sexuality in Muppets


Last week, Katy Perry got a lot of crap for singing on Sesame Street with her cleavage hanging out.  I can't help but feel like people today are overly sensitive.  I grew up on Sesame Street and the Muppet Show and I remember both shows having a touch of sexuality. Here are some examples I remember.


Ms. Piggy, like a pathetic floozy would make numerous desperate attempts to throw herself at Kermit who wouldn't give her the time of day.  If parents thought that Katy Perry had too much boobage, they must not remember Miss Piggy's big bazongas, which she most certainly wasn't shy about. Maybe its that Katy Perry is a human, with real tits.  As far as I remember, no one ever had a problem with foam cleavage.  


And who can forget America's first gay TV couple, Earnie and Bert. Yea, they had separate beds, but so did Lucy and Desi. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I could have sworn Bert would hang out in the bathroom while Earnie bathed. I also remember that Ernie was open to inviting other Muppets to take baths with him. 


Gold tooth, feather in his hat, rings on his finger... If Dr. Teeth isn't the definition of a Pimp then who is?  


Look at those legs! And that short skirt with stilettos?  Is Janice trying to look like a cracked out Courtney Love?  Janice was also known to be the last one to quiet down for sound check and in a few of the Muppet movies you can hear her mumbling about being offered to pose nude or walking naked on the beach.  Scandalous!


Okay, maybe this one is just me and my perverted mind... but I look at these wide-eyed open mouthed Muppets and all I see are two pink blow-up dolls.  


 C'mon... I know you see it...






3 comments:

  1. katy perry is soooo unbelievably - drop-dead gorgeous - sexy

    ReplyDelete